- By using the air pressure, it can be used safely unlike hydraulic actuator or motor which might “force to the extent out of control”.
- Worn on the side or back of the caregiver, which will not obstacle between the patient and caregiver allowing the caregiver to perform work without discomfort.
- Worn using velcro belt therefore detachable in a few of seconds.
- With the battery and the air compressor incorporated in the device, it is powered internally, with no power cables connected.
- Soft structure using an air bag, assisting the bending motion of the hips, and also adapt to the rotational motion of the hips.
- Includes a muscle sensor that detects the movement of the muscles by simply wearing the device, without the need to put sensors manually.
|The name of the robot care equipment||Power Assist Suit (Waist Support)|
|Company name||Japan Art Co., Ltd.,
LLP Atom project, Sagami Robot Industry Agency
|Target area||Wearable transfer aid|
|Expected target user||Care workers (who performs transfer between the bed, wheelchairs, toilet)|
|Assumed environment||Households and nursing homes where there are caregivers|
|Expected sales date||The first half of 2016|
|Contact department||LLP Atom Project|