Non-wearable transfer aids use robot technologies and provide powered assistance to the caregiver in lifting motions. The following are key considerations in the development of non-wearable transfer aids.
- Operational by one person in transferring the care-receiver.
- Usable in transferring the person between the bed and the wheelchair.
- Provide full or partial powered assistance to the caregiver.
- Require no additional work for the installation, such as building a foundation for the device.
- Exclude hanging-type transfer lifts from this category.
Currently Japanese version only.